Given all of the benefits of natural gas heat, converting your heating system might be right for you. And now is the time to do it, ahead of what The Old Farmer’s Almanac and other weather experts are predicting to be a cold, snowy winter for 2015-16 season in the Northeast.
While oil heat is more affordable, environmentally friendly and energy-efficient than ever, there are a few advantages to oil to gas conversion for Long Island homeowners, such as gas heat being an efficient and safe power source whose delivery generally remains constant and unaffected by weather, as well as having less maintenance and parts than oil heat.
Key Questions to Ask When Switching from Oil to Gas
However, before you make the switch, the home heating experts at Tragar Home Services, your Long Island green energy company and one of the leading oil to gas conversion companies on the Island, recommend homeowners do their homework to answer two important questions:
- How Much Does switching from Oil to Gas Cost? There are two costs when it comes to converting from oil to gas. The first one is called the internal conversion cost, which covers things like gas pipelines, installation and equipment. This might be daunting, but homeowners can recoup much of that cost via government and local utility incentives and through the money they save on utility bills in the long run. The second cost is the capital construction cost, which is what the utility company will charge to provide and install gas facilities to your property line.
- Who Should I Hire to Make the Switch? When choosing a contractor, homeowners should always check the level of HVAC expertise, make sure the company you choose is licensed, bonded and insured, and ask for customer references.
Reasons for Choosing a Home Heating Specialist for Oil to Gas Conversion
Of course, in doing their research, homeowners will surely find there are myriad licensed, bonded and insured plumbing contractors with sufficient HVAC experience who’ll be able to convert their home heating system from oil to gas.
However, once the conversion is completed, plumbing contractors will simply move on to the next job. That’s where the service stops. They generally don’t offer both equipment installation and service, leaving homeowners wondering about who they can call to maintain and troubleshoot their new gas heating system.
To ensure they receive the utmost in both gas heat installation and service, homeowners should consider choosing a home heating specialist, such as Tragar, who’ll be with them every step of the way. Here’s why:
- At Tragar, we give you your own energy expert to go through the entire permit process and installation with you.
- We specialize in installing equipment that’ll provide you the best return on your investment.
- We are a licensed National Grid Partner Company.
- We complete the gas line, provide the drafting or chimney liner and tend to your oil tank abandonment needs.
- We offer a broad range of gas boiler and water heater options.
- We offer competitive prices and professional installation.
- We warranty our work for one year after installation.
- Post-installation, we offer 24/7 gas heat service, and even discounted gas delivery.
By choosing a full-service home heating company such as Tragar Home Services, which has been serving the Island for almost 60 years, homeowners can rest easy knowing they have home heating specialists they can always call to answer questions and allay concerns.
To get started with your oil to gas conversion, simply schedule your free oil to gas conversion estimate with Tragar today!